28 Mayıs 2010 Cuma

Hilton Hotels WiFi

Right, I have in the past, threatening to name and shame offenders in the "ripoff WiFi at conferences" missions. Time to act. I think perhaps the most serious price and keeping the organizers of the conference is the courtesy of the Hilton Hotels. I've just been informed that an event that I am at the Hilton Vienna visit next week Service charges: € 30 per day for WiFi. "Strange" This means it is actually cheaper for me to check laughable e-mail via GPRS-roaming prices. As usual, I expect them to not bundle the hotel at a reasonable price for event organizers, as support for the delegates. The irony is that the event on the theme is "In-Building Wireless Solutions". So. My turn. I am repeatedly asked to speak or chair at numerous events from conference organizers, vendors, PR firms and various others. Yesterday I had three invitations alone. I find it quite difficult to decide to go some. Some criteria are obvious: if I had paid for it (or at least reimbursed costs), if it is a topic that straight teeth with my research subjects, or if it is an audience that the expense of current or potential future customers umfasst's's. I add one other- So listen, Informa, IIR, Osney and everyone else. As a standard, I will talk no longer, or attend events, held at the Hilton Hotel. If it remains something that I necessarily have it up, I will not stay at the hotel are, but another nearby. I ermutigeIhnen to do all the same. On the same theme, I was at the Wireless Event Conference & Exhibition earlier this week at Olympia in London. Unfortunately, low-cost wireless through persistence and owners in the near-extortion venue, so I am firmly in the press room Ethernet cable (How's that for an irony) and e-mail via GPRS. I'll see if I can track down and personally have contact with controllers and point out how much he's alienation from his customers. Part, I chaired the event this year, and I have a very affable and-equal-frustrated organizers said, that I am not willing to do it again next year if the situation does not change. And if every mobile operator I would like a loan 3G backhauled portable WiFi AP like this & Voda by Linksys take on Conferences & run my own "rogue WiFi" I am more than happy to write about it here. After all, I give much space to the IP-oriented companies, mobile network operators around the "Ripoffs arbitrage can, so wÄre it was nice, the guys get HSDPA to see their own back .....

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder